This error is caused when the shortcut for your client is broken. Fear not, however, as we have some quick steps for you to fix this.
- Go to Start
- Find ‘RuneScape’ in your program files.
- Right Click on the RuneScape Icon.
- Left click on Properties.
- Click on to the ‘Shortcut’ Tab.
- Click in the Text box next to ‘Target’
- Press ‘End’ on your Keyboard.
- After ‘JagexLauncher.exe’ press the Space bar then type ‘runescape.’
- You should now have something that looks like this at the end: ‘JagexLauncher.exe runescape’
- Apply these settings and press okay.
- Now load the client.
If you are unable to find ‘RuneScape’ in your Program Files please work through the following steps instead.
- Search for the following Directory; %USERPROFILE%\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin
- Right Click on the file named ‘Jagex Launcher.’
- Left Click on ‘Create Shortcut’
- Right Click on the file you just created.
- Drag the Shortcut onto your desktop.
How To Get Oldschool Runescape Desktop Client (Easy)
RuneScape: Combat Beta Desktop Client - Tutorial
Runescape desktop client