If your screen is freezing with lots of lines/colours/artefacts on it, it is very likely that the video card is damaged. This is a hardware issue and unfortunately we won't be able to assist you further. You will need to contact your hardware vendor for further assistance.
Firstly check your system is not overheating.
- From the Login screen, or in-game click on the 'Tools' icon (picture of a spanner)
- Click 'Custom'
- Under 'Display' choose OpenGL.
From the title screen, press the Graphics Options button (displayed as a spanner), and try reducing the graphical detail. To find your optimal settings:
- From the "Graphics Options" select "Custom".
- Choose Display mode.
- In the "Advanced" menu, ensure all graphical options are at their lowest.
- Make sure you turn off Bloom, Anti aliasing and textures.
- Load RuneScape and try playing.
- If the game is running smoothly, reopen the graphics options and try improving some of the "Advanced" detail.
- Continue this process until you notice any stuttering. If you do, return to the options and restore the last changed setting back to what it was.
- Click the Apple.
- On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update."
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a new version of Java for Mac, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.
If you are unsure on how to do this, check the video below:
- Use spotlight to locate the folder .jagex_cache_32 on your computer and delete it.
- Use spotlight to locate and delete any files with the name "Jagex" in them.
Give us feedback about this pageThank you for your feedback
|All you need to know, and more, about the game world. How to get started and how to develop your character.||Need help with your account? Perhaps the game won't run for you? Help can be found here.|
|Artwork, fan fiction and arts and crafts are found in this section.|