If your screen is freezing with lots of lines/colours/artefacts on it, it is very likely that the video card is damaged. This is a hardware issue and unfortunately we won't be able to assist you further. You will need to contact your hardware vendor for further assistance.
Firstly check your system is not overheating.
- From the Login screen, or in-game click on the 'Tools' icon (picture of a spanner)
- Click 'Custom'
- Under 'Display' choose OpenGL.
- Click the Apple.
- On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update."
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a new version of Java for Mac, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.
If you are unsure on how to do this, check the video below:
- Use spotlight to locate the folder .jagex_cache_32 on your computer and delete it.
- Use spotlight to locate and delete any files with the name "Jagex" in them.
From the title screen, press the Graphics Options button (displayed as a spanner), and try reducing the graphical detail. To find your optimal settings:
- From the "Graphics Options" select "Custom".
- Choose Display mode.
- In the "Advanced" menu, ensure all graphical options are at their lowest.
- Make sure you turn off Bloom, Anti aliasing and textures.
- Load RuneScape and try playing.
- If the game is running smoothly, reopen the graphics options and try improving some of the "Advanced" detail.
- Continue this process until you notice any stuttering. If you do, return to the options and restore the last changed setting back to what it was.
Give us feedback about this pageThank you for your feedback
|All you need to know, and more, about the game world. How to get started and how to develop your character.||Need help with your account? Perhaps the game won't run for you? Help can be found here.|
|Artwork, fan fiction and arts and crafts are found in this section.|