- Read the site rules. Obey them or nobody will gain anything.
- Go to a gaming expo and let people know your account is available for sale. Perhaps prepare a sheet demonstrating your stats and other benefits as to why people might want to own your account.
- Change the password before handover to something that means absolutely nothing to you. Don't be foolish enough to hand on a password you use for all your other accounts online, nor anything that is personal to you. There will be that day when you use it unwittingly... Use something banal and related to the transaction itself.
- Let go of it. Once you've transacted to release yourself from it, it's over.
- Consider giving it away rather than being greedy and possibly breaching rules. You've had your fun, it's time to move on, let someone else benefit from your enjoyment as you set off to greener pastures.
- As a "buyer", before you part with the money, check the password you've been given to be sure it works and you're getting what you've bargained for.
RuneScape Selling Account
How To Sell Your Runescape Account