Level 20+ Combat with at least level 5 Defence is recommended.
Spiny helmet (requires 5 Defence), Tinderbox, Light source, Armor, Weapon, and a Rope (a Rope is only required if you have not visited the Lumbridge Swamp Dungeon before).
8 Logs (any kind), 8 Pots, and 8 Coins.
Food, Amulet of glory (4), and teleport methods to Camelot, Falador, Lumbridge, and Varrock.
Bear ribs, Big frog leg, Giant bat wing, Giant rat bone, Goblin skull, Monkey paw, Ram skull, Unicorn bone, 8 Jugs of vinegar, 8 Pots of vinegar, 8 Jugs, and 8 Bones of vinegar, and 8 Pots.
500 Cooking experience, and 500 Prayer experience.
Next to the quarry, northeast of Varrock.
Speak to the Odd Old Man.
- Make your way to the Odd Old Man's hut just west of the limestone quarry, northeast of Varrock. Once there, talk to the Odd Old Man, who will instruct you to collect several bones and will tell you how to prepare them. Below is the list of the bones which you need to collect.
Note: The easiest way to reach Varrock is via the Varrock teleport spell. You can collect the bones in any order you choose. The locations and monsters listed below are only a suggestion. Some of the monsters may also be found in other locations and some of the bones may also be dropped by other similar monster.
- After you have all the bones, head to Draynor and speak to Fortunato. After you speak with him you will be able to purchase 8 jugs of vinegar.
- Now use a jug of vinegar with a pot. Repeat this 8 times and then add a bone to each pot of vinegar. Now you will have "Bone in Vinegar."
- Head back to the Odd Old Man. Next to him you will find a pot-boiler. Add a log to the pot-boiler, add the "Bone in Vinegar", and then light it. Do this for all 8 pots of "Bone in Vinegar."
- Talk to the Odd Old Man to finish the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
Don't leave yet! There is an additional part to this quest! After you finish talking with the Odd Old Man, there is a second part of the quest you can do!
Must have started the Zogre Flesh Eaters, and the Horror from the Deep Quests, must have completed the Mogre Miniquest, and must have Level 40 Slayer.
1 Quest Point, 5k Prayer exp, and either a Bonesack or Ram skull helmet
Next to the quarry, North East of Varrock
Speak to the Odd Old Man
- Behind the Odd Old Man is a list of more creatures you need to get bones from.
Name Location Basilisk Slayer Dungeon Baby Blue Dragon Taverly Dungeon Bat Just west of the Odd Old Man Cave Goblin Lumbridge Castle Dungeon Dagganoth Lighthouse Experiment Experiment Dungeon Fire Giant Waterfall Ghoul Northwest of Canifis Ice Giant White Wolf Mountain Jackal Al Kharid Desert Jogre Ardougne Zoo and Brimhaven Massive Desert Lizard Mogre South of Port Sarim Moss Giant Varrock Sewers Ogre West of Yanille Rabbits Tiranwynn Rat Seagull Port Sarim Snake Karamja Terrorbird Tree Gnome Stronghold Troll Death Plateau Undead Cow West of Port Phasmatys Vulture Agility Pyramid Werewolf Canifis Wolf Feldip Hills, White Wolf Mountain, Rellekka Zogre Jiggig Zombie Edgeville Dungeon
- Once you have bones from all the items on your list, put them in pots of vinegar like before, put logs in the pot-boiler, add the "Bone in vinegar", and then light it.
- When all of the bones are ready, give them to the Odd Old Man and you will get to choose either the bonesack or a helmet as a reward (choice is not permanent, you can exchange one for another afterwards).
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
The bone sack is used as a cape and gives you +4 to all defence bonuses. No the sack won't mumble or carry your bones.
The bone helmet is a Ram skull helmet worn on your head that gives the Defence bonuses: Stab +19, Slash +21, Crush +16, Magic +0, and Range +19