RuneHQ uses the American convention for floor numbering in this Quest Guide: the first floor in American English is the ground floor in British English, second floor in American English is the first floor in British English, etc.
- Speak to King Narnode and learn that he has a new quest for you. He will tell you that Glough has been replaced and you now must deliver a Seal to the King's Royal Guard.
- Go to the top of The Grand Tree and take the glider to Karamja (Gandius). Travel north to the shipyard and talk with G.L.O. Caranock who is in the southern building inside the shipyard. He will tell you that the Royal Guard might have been blown off course by some winds.
Note: If you do not already have monkey bones (or monkey corpse) from Karamja, you may kill a monkey right next to the glider landing point to obtain one.
- Go back to King Narnode and tell him what Caranock said. He will give you Narnode's orders and tell you to speak to Daero, who can be found at Blurberry's Bar on the second floor of the Grand Tree, on the east side.
- Ascend up to the second floor, and talk to Daero near Blurberry Bar. Go through all the chat options and then tell him you're prepared to leave. He will blindfold you and take you to a glider hangar.
Note: Make sure you have plenty of antipoison and food before moving on to the next steps. There's also a bank on the same floor that you can access.
- Talk to Daero again who will introduce you to Waydar. Ask Waydar why the gliders are folded and he will tell you that they are locked with a code, which happens to be a sliding puzzle you have to solve (See solution below). Do this by operating the Reinitialisation Panel to the south-east. Players can take some Spare controls from the nearby crate to view the solution.
Note: If you logout half way through the puzzle, you will have to start all over. Alternately, pay 200K coins to Glough, who resides in a Tree house located eastern side of Tree Gnome Stronghold, north of the Agility course, up a ladder.
- The screen will change and the gliders will fold out and stand ready. Now you are ready to go. Talk to Daero then Waydar and you will fly to the isle where the 10th guard crashed, known as Crash Island. You will find a member of the 10th squad named Lumdo. Ask Lumdo to sail you to Ape Atoll, but he will refuse to take you. Talk to Waydar about convincing him, and then talk to Lumdo once again who will now take you to Ape Atoll.